Swimming is known for being one of the healthiest sport activities around the world. What makes it so special is the fact that it is a great low-impact workout for people of all ages and conditions. Pregnant women, people struggling with obesity, rehabilitation patients, seniors and even babies benefit from fun in the water. Why not you? You can’t swim with iPods, mobile phones, laptops or any other electronic devices. That is a great chance to stop the interruptions and to allow you to relax and feel good.
Swimming is great because it:
1) Is a relaxing and peaceful workout
2) Reduces stress
3) Advances coordination, balance and posture
4) Enhances flexibility
5) Is a healthy low-impact therapy for some injuries
6) Is an enjoyable way to cool down
7) Is practicable in various places (swimming pools, beaches, rivers, dams and lakes).
Before you jump in:
1) Be sure you know how to swim.
2) Pick out a safe environment.
3) Get ready before you jump in the water by doing a quick warm up and by stretching your muscles and joints.
4) Make sure you have drinks close to you and drink regularly.
5) Don’t carry it to excess if you just started your workout.
6) Get a check-up at the doctor if you haven’t trained for a longer period.
Last but not least: Have you ever noticed that most people coming from the swimming pool are in a good mood? The relaxing effect of water has a positive impact on the psyche!