Having and maintaining a swimming pool or a SPA can get quite money–consuming. This is one of the reasons why some people are still reluctant to buy a house with one, or build a pool or a SPA. If you already have one of the two or if you are about to, this article is for you!
We are going to give you ten tips to help you save money!
- The first step is to choose the right pool size keeping in mind that large pools use more water and energy for filtration. There’s no need to have an Olympic pool at home.
- Set up two basic rules: no excessive splashing in the pool to avoid wasting water and keep your pool a pets-free zone.
- Keep your pool chemicals balanced at all times.
- If the climate is mild, reduce the running time of your filter.
- Pumps can be energy consuming, choose one that’s adequate for your pool, the smallest pump needed for the size of your pool.
- Use a solar pool cover to reduce evaporation.
- Use a timer to run a perfect filtration schedule.
- Program the timer to run the filter during the off peak times.
- Regularly upgrade the filter to a more water efficient model.
- Call an expert from time to time to ensure your pool is always in good shape.